Welcome to Paws For Love Therapy Dogs
Do you have a friendly dog?
Like meeting new people?
You may be just the person we are looking for!
- Dogs must be at least one year old
- Must have their Canine Good Citizen certificate OR
our PFL AKC-CGC evaluators will provide the CGC testing
- Solid in basic obedience commands and
- Should be well-socialized to people, places and situations.
- Must be age 16* with parental permission & involvement
(exceptions see: PFL Age Requirement Policy)
- Must demonstrate a team relationship with your dog
- Must be able to commit to a visitation schedule.
In addition to visiting people in a variety of medical and living settings, our certified therapy dogs go into schools and other learning situations to provide emotional support to students.
The Library Dog calmly stays on his/her bed or blanket, keeping quiet while children take turns “reading” to him. This program is utilized by local public libraries and some schools to offer a non-threatening environment for the child that has difficulty reading.